Friday, July 9, 2010

Fighting Fear/Worry/Anxiety

“Worry is caused by what is going on inside us, not by what happens around us.”
“Sin makes us scarily self- focused, self-absorbed, and self-motivated.”
“Important things become too important because they become the places we look to for rest.  When they do, they not only give us rest, they become the reason for the endless cycles of worry, anxiety and fear.”
We are in a “War between the kingdom of God and the kingdom of self.  The kingdom of self seeks earthbound treasures and anxiety bound needs.” 
“Inner rest of soul and lasting peace of heart are only ever found when Jesus and His kingdom are your highest and deepest treasures.  When you place your identity in His never-changing hands; when you find your meaning and purpose in the unstoppable work of His kingdom...”
“There is no grace for our imaginations” Elizabeth Elliott
“He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge.”  Prov. 14:26
“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life” Ps. 23:6  
“Goodness supplies our needs, and mercy blots out our sins” Edward T. Welch in “Running Scared”
“do not fear what you are about to suffer.  Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation.  Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.” Rev 2:10
“Fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control” 2 Tim 1:7
  • the Holy Spirit is the gift and can help battle fear and insecurity. 
“He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights.” Ps 18: 31-36
“You whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, ‘you are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off’; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isa. 41: 9,10

No comments:

Post a Comment